Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 3, 2009

They Grow Up So Fast...

My mom came in town after Avery was born and stayed with us to help us out. She left yesterday. We decided that last night would be the night that Avery would sleep in her crib, in her room, all by herself. She has been sleeping in her crib most nights, but Matt and I have been sleeping on the adult-sized bed in her room. She seemed to be on a regular schedule, so we thought that last night was as good as any to test her skills. Success!! She went down for the night around 11pm, woke up to eat at 2:15 and 5:15 and then went straight back to sleep on her own. She finally got up for the day at 8:30. She is such a great baby! Although I am glad that she is sleeping in her bed, goes back to sleep on her own, and is on a schedule...I can't help but have that feeling that she is growing up so fast. It seems like it was just yesterday that I was sitting on the OR table being prepped for my spinal. My how time flies! Below are some pictures.....of course the reason that you even look at the blog!

Last Wednesday, my Mimi and her sister (my great aunt), Ann, came down for a visit. This was their first time seeing little Avery. Avery was a perfect baby for them, and they were very impressed!

Avery with her great grandmother, Mimi


Avery with Ann


Family Shot!