Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Update

I was reminded that I had not posted anything in a while, including pictures. Sorry about that. There is not much going on (which is a good thing!). Here is an update on the pregnancy, though:

-last Sunday when we got home from church, my ankles and feet were extremely swollen---cankles, if you may. I slept all night Sunday night with my feet up on two pillows, and when I woke up Monday morning, they were still swollen. When I got to work on Monday, I had some of my nurse friends take my blood pressure, and it was pretty high, even for me. My highest reading at the doctor's office has been 110/60, and that day, it was 140/90. I sat down and took it easy for the rest of the day, and when we rechecked my pressure, it was 120/86. Since it started coming down, I did not call the doctor's office, and I will tell her when I am in there next week. The swelling has gone down quite a bit, but I am still suffering from slight cankles instead of severe cankles.


-we attended our weekend prenatal class last Saturday. It was eye-opening, but probably not in the way that you would guess. We have officially met the parents of Avery's potential classmates---wow. That's all that I have to say about that.

-I have been sewing recently. Pillows for the guest bed in Avery's room, valances, dresses, and embellishments for onesies. Just because she is tiny and has to wear onesies and pjs 90% of the time doesn't mean she can't be stinking cute doing it! I have attached a photo of one of the onesies that I just finished. And yes, there are machines that will do what I did by hand, but they are very expensive, and I am still in the process of talking my husband into letting me own one!