Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A Walk in the Park

First of all, here is a picture of Avery wearing an outfit that my Mom made for me when I was a baby. It's a little big, but isn't she cute? Such a pleasant little face. And please notice her crazy puff of hair on the top of her head.


Today Avery and I went for a stroll at a local park. Some friends were with us for part of the time, but they had somewhere to be, so Avery and I stayed a little bit longer just the two of us. It's nice in the earlier part of the morning because you are surrounded by elderly people who are walking at about the same pace. However, as the morning gets later, young little whipper-snappers start coming out to exercise. I hate the young ones. Who do they think they are wearing their tight-fitting clothes that show off their small figures or their barely-there clothes that reveal sculpted muscles? Makes me sick. As they approach, a smile is shared and a glance at my baby is stolen. In return, I give them darts in the backs of their heads. Don't get me wrong...I'm glad that they are working out and keeping up their figure. Just do it at night when I'm not around, ok? I'm not bitter, it's just that earlier morning is so much better than later morning.
Speaking of the elderly people at the park....today was another "first" for Avery. Not only was it her first park visit, it was also the first time that someone thought that she was a boy. Please look at the pictures below and tell me what looks like a boy!! (pink sunglasses; purple, green, and blue paisley hat; flowers on dress; a dress; butterflies on burpie; purple paci clip)
We are going on vacation next week, and we are going to be outside for most of that vacation, so I bought Avery a hat and sunglasses yesterday. We tried them out today during our park visit. Pretty cute, if I do say so myself.

(Notice the hat and sunglasses have made their way to the side of the stroller)