Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Fun on a Saturday

This Saturday was a fun day for all of us! Matt went to Nashville for the day to see an old high school friend, so Avery and I got to spend an entire day together---just the two of us! We went to a friend's birthday party at a petting zoo and had a blast. Later that afternoon, we took a walk around the neighborhood and ended up at our playground. Cabin fever has set in at the Knierim house, and any day that has sunshine is an outside day for us, regardless of the temperature. Avery likes taking walks in her stroller, but I wanted to see how she would like swinging in a playground swing. She seems to be a dare devil, so I assumed she'd like it. After all, the activity that makes her squeal with the most delight is being tossed into a pile of pillows.
My sweet baby girl in her stroller before taking her first ride in a swing.
Just sitting in the swing before actually being pushed. So far, so good.
This is her sweet little face while actually swinging. I didn't push her too hard at first, but gradually I pushed her a little harder.
She really liked the swing! We have a new favorite activity, I believe. I did all but give her an "underdog." She laughed and giggled and talked the entire time. When she'd slow down to almost a stop, she would kick her legs like she was running really fast in the air. She probably swung (correct grammar??) for about 30 minutes, and then we had to head home because the sun was starting to go down.