Sunday, November 2, 2008

Can It Be?

We were both very reserved and did not want to get too excited. We had just been told this would not happen. We had not told family yet, and we were not going to until after the first doctor's appointment. At the first doctor's appointment, we had an ultrasound and were able to hear the heartbeat. It was amazing. "So fast and so strong," said the ultrasound tech. That was very reassuring to us. However, even after seeing that little blob (or chicken nugget, as Matt has called it) on the screen and hearing the heartbeat, I was still not convinced that I was pregnant for some reason. At this appointment I was 8 weeks, and I did not feel the slightest bit pregnant. I had not gotten sick or nauseated. I had not gained any weight, and I did not feel different. Because of this, we were going to wait to tell family, but when we got in the car after the appointment, we both decided that we wanted to tell them and that we wanted to tell them NOW.


Here is our little baby. The heart rate was 156. Our due date is May 9, 2009.