Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, August 12, 2011

My Girls

Oh my...where to even start. I am filled with so much love when I start to think about these two girls! It makes me want to jump up and down, scream at the top of my lungs, throw up, and cry all at the same time---you know what I'm talking about. There is so much joy that comes from these girls....and they are growing up way too fast!



Ansley is so pleasant. She'll literally smile at you every time you talk to her, smile at her, or even just walk in the room from the time she wakes up in the morning until she goes down for the night. Now laughing, that takes a little more effort. She's doing a version of crawling already, at a snail's pace anyway. She's very close to sitting unassisted. She's still a primarily bottle baby, but she's expanded to baby rice, oatmeal, and sweet potatoes. She's wearing 6-9/6-12 month clothing (really??). She's still on the same schedule that she was on when she was 2 months old...not sure when it's supposed to change or if I'm supposed to change it (can't remember). She loves her sister. She already whips that head around when she hears the theme song for Little Einsteins--quite funny! She's got such a loving personality. She's not a complete cuddle baby, but she's much more cuddlier than her sister ever was. And, I have to admit, I've been feeling a little guilty about her falling into the typical "second child syndrome." She definitely has fewer pictures (maybe 1/4?), and some days she stays in either a onesie or even just diaper all day long (why get all dressed up just to sit at home all day long?). Many of her "first" things were because she was tagging along during a meant-to-be Avery adventure. We are heading to the beach on Monday, and I am making a vow to myself and to Ansley that I will capture Ansley's first trip to the beach the same way that I captured Avery's!


Oh, Avery, Avery. What a crazy child! No "normal" pictures any longer. This is her sticking out her belly to show me the A on her shirt that stands for Avery. She's 2 but heading for 12, and I can't handle it! She's so smart and forgets nothing. She's been working on sight words this past month, and she's picking up on it so quickly. She's starting to potty train. She has complete 15 minute conversations with herself and her Little People sets. She has catch phrases. She's starting dance class in a few weeks. She's finally showing her love to her sister and interacting wtih her which totally melts my heart and brings me to tears sometimes. She has such a tender heart and hates being told to apologize (the apology brings more tears than the discipline). She is go, go, go all the time. She is my little helper, and I couldn't get through the day without her!


This isn't a great picture, but it's when the two of them were playing on the floor together. You all may remember that at one point, Avery would not get near Ansley, so this playtime is priceless to me! Especially when it's followed by a kiss and an "I love you, Ansley."